Dr. A. C. Saritha
School of Pure and Applied Physics
Mahatma Gandhi University
Priyadarsini Hills, Kottayam, Kerala, INDIA,
Ph: +91 481 2731043(Off), +91 9495321546(Mob)
- Ph.D. :Department of Physics, Cochin University of Science and Technology,Kochi, India Thesis :P-type Transparent Semiconducting Oxide thin films
- M. Tech Optoelectronics and Laser Technology: International School of Photonics, Cochin University of Science and Technology Kochi, India
- M. Sc : Department of Physics, Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kerala, India
- B.Sc. Physics, St. Joseph’s College, Irinjalakuda, University of Calicut, Kerala,India
Other Examinations Qualified (National and State Levels)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2002, conducted by Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- NET (National Eligibility Test) for Lectureship in Physical Sciences, 2001, jointly conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC), India and Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India.
- Examination for the selection of ‘Lecturer in Physics’ conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC), India, 2005.
My doctoral degree research work was on ‘Growth and Characterization of P-type Transparent Semiconducting Oxides for Optoelectronic Applications’. Transparent conducting oxides (TCOs) comprise a special class of materials which exhibit the two antagonistic properties of high visible light transparency and electrical conductivity simultaneously. An exceptional characteristic of these materials is that their electrical properties can be tuned across an extremely wide range such that they can behave as insulators, n/p type semiconductors or even as metals while maintaining the optical transparency. TCO materials with controlled carrier densities are called transparent semiconducting oxides (TSOs). This astonishing combination of conductivity and transparency is usually impracticable in intrinsic stoichiometric wide bandgap oxides; however, it is achieved in TCOs by producing them with a non-stoichiometric composition or by introducing appropriate dopants. These materials are believed to have the ability to overcome the many limitations of the conventional silicon semiconductor, and are expected to open up doors to completely new and exciting areas in semiconductor technology.
Most of the naturally occurring TSOs exhibit n-type electrical conductivity. Although p-type TSOs have already made their way into optoelectronic devices such as LEDs, TTFTs, solar cells etc, they are unable to achieve the performance of their n-type counterparts in terms of charge carrier mobility and/or optical transparency. This has detrimentally affected the device efficiency and the development of advanced devices based on active transparent electronic components. In spite of the considerable research efforts going on for more than a decade, the goal of finding efficient p-TSOs has not yet been fulfilled.Thus, it is of greatest interest and importance to develop p-type TSOs with high hole mobility and transparency to begin the real era of optoelectronic devices.
- One year research experience on ‘Fiber Optic Probes for Spectroscopic Studies in Biomedical Applications’ at ‘Center for Laser Spectroscopy’, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India, as a part of M.Tech Optoelectronics and Laser Technology project work, 2003 – 2004.
- Work experience as ‘Senior Scientific Assistant’ at Physical Meteorology and Aerosol (PM&A) Division, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India, from 28.06.2004 to 01.04.2005
- Work experience as UGC sponsored Project Fellow at ‘Centre of Excellence in Lasers and Optoelectronics Sciences’ (CELOS), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala, India, from 06.06.2005 to 20.05.2006.
- Doctoral research experience in the field of ‘Thin film deposition of materials of optoelectronic importance and fabrication of optoelectronic devices’ at the Nanophotonic and Optoelectronic Devices Laboratory, Cochin University of Science and Technology, India.
Experimental equipments handled
- Thermal evaporation system
- Pulsed Laser Ablation and deposition unit
- DC ad RF reactive magnetron sputtering unit
- Sol-gel Spin coater
Analytical tools handled
- High resolution X-Ray Diffraction Unit
- Micro Raman Spectrophotometer
- UV-Vis- NIR Spectrometer
- Stylus Profiler
- Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer
- Hall measurement system
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope
- Atomic Force Microscope
Publications in Journals
- Wide Bandgap, P-type Semiconducting SnO Thin Film Grown by Pulsed Laser Deposition, Saritha A.C, Sasanka Kumar S, Majeesh M, Hasna K, Subha P.P, Vikas L.S, and M.K. Jayaraj, Journal of Electron Devices, Vol. 19, 2014, pp. 1642- 1647,ISSN 2412-1150 (Online) ISSN: 1682 -3427 (Print).
- Growth and characterization of p-ZnO:Cu thin film and its homojunction application,A C Saritha, M R Shijeesh, L S Vikas, Rajeev R Prabhu and M K Jayaraj, J. Phys. D:Appl. Phys. 49 (2016) 295105 (7pp), Institute of Physics (IOP) publishing, Online ISSN: 1361-6463, Print ISSN: 0022-3727.
- Fabrication of p- CuO /n-ZnO heterojunction diode via sol gel spin coating technique,Rajeev R Prabhu, A C Saritha, M R Shijeesh, and M K Jayaraj, Materials Science and Engineering B, 220 (2017) 82-90, ISSN: 0921-5107.
- Optical Emission Spectroscopic Analysis of Plasma Plume during Pulsed Laser Deposition of PZT, S. Sasanka Kumar, R. Reshmi, N. V. Joshy, A. C. Saritha, and M.K. Jayaraj, Journal of Atomic and Molecular Physics, Volume 2014, Article ID 125843, 9 pages, ISSN: 2356-6140 (Print), ISSN: 1537-744X (Online).
- Analysis of density of states modification on aging in passivated and unpassivated zinctin oxide thin film transistors, M R Shijeesh, A C Saritha, M K Jayaraj, under review in ‘Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing’, ISSN: 1369-8001.
- ‘Prakasa saasthrathinte oru samkshiptha charithram, A C Saritha, Swadesi Science Magazine, ISSN 2347-744X, 2015, 11, 18-29
- 2015 – UN Raajyaanthara prakasa varsham, A C Saritha, Manorama Year Book,2015, 218-222, ISBN 978-93- 83197-68- 2.
Presentations in Conferences
- Structural, Electrical and Optical analysis of p-type transparent SnO thin films deposited by PLD technique, Saritha A.C, Sasanka Kumar S, Majeesh M, Hasna K,Shijeesh M R, Vishnu K, and M.K. Jayaraj, presented in the International Conference on Materials for advanced Technologies, (ICMAT-2013) organized by Materials
Research Society , Singapore, during 30 June – 5 July, 2013.
- Off axis pulsed laser deposition of transparent p-type semiconducting SnO thin film,Saritha A C, Sasanka Kumar S, Hasna K, Subha P P, Vikas L S, Shijeesh M R and M.K. Jayaraj, presented in IUMRS – ICA 2013, organized by ‘International Union of Materials Research Societies’ at Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore during 16-20, December 2013.
- Transparent, p-type semiconducting ZnO:Ag thin films deposited by PLD, Saritha A C, Sasanka Kumar S, Hasna K, Subha P P, Vikas L S, Shijeesh M R and M.K. Jayaraj,presented in IUMRS – ICA 2013.
- Study of ambipolar diffusion in laser induced Sn plasma in PLD using Langmuir probe, Sasanka Kumar S, Saritha A.C, and M.K. Jayaraj, presented in ICMAT-2013.
- ZTO thin film preparation for TFT application, M R Shijeesh, A C Saritha, and M. K. Jayaraj,presented in the 8 th International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices, IWPSD-2015,December 7-9, 2015 at Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore.
- Pulsed Laser Deposition of p-type Transparent Conducting Oxide thin film using Cobalt Doped ZnO Target, Vijith K P, Saritha A.C, and M.K. Jayaraj, presented in the UGC sponsored workshop on Nanophotonics organized by Centre for Advanced Materials and Department of Physics, CUSAT, in collaboration with SPIE student chapter during March18-19, 2016.
- Amplified spontaneous emission from dye doped DNA- CTMA silica sol gel glass rods,Vishnu K, Sasanka Kumar S, Saritha A.C, and M.K. Jayaraj, presented in the International Conference on Materials for advanced Technologies, (ICMAT-2013).
- H 2 S gas sensing properties of ZnO nanorods synthesized by hydrothermal method,P P Subha, K Hasna, A.C Saritha, L S Vikas and M.K. Jayaraj, IUMRS – ICA 2013.
- Synthesis of Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering active gold colloids for bio sensing application, K. Hasna, P. P Subha, A C Saritha, L S Vikas, M. K. Jayaraj and K. Rajeev Kumar,presented in ICMAT 2013.
- Growth of solution processed n-ZnO thin films and its application in heterojunction device,Rajeev R Prabhu, Shijeesh M R , Saritha A C, and M K Jayaraj, presented in the Conference on Emerging Materials (CEMAT) 2016, July 18,19 at Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore.