WORKSHOP ON THEORETICAL PHYSICS
29 & 30 March 2023 at School of Pure & Applied Physics
|All Kerala Inter Collegiate Physics Quiz Competition
14th March 2023
First Prize : Ivin Biji & Paul Jacob Koshy- S B College, Changanacherry
Second Prize: Jithin Dev R & Thomson Varghese– Deva Matha College, Kuruvailangad
Third Prize : Shiyasmon Shaji & Thejas J – Devasom Board College, Pamba
SPAP Stall at EUNOIA 2023 Academic Carnival
( Inauguration by Hon Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr) Sabu Thomas, by online)
- National Seminar on Astronomy and Astrophysics status and the way forward 22-23 March 2022
Inauguration by Prof. (Dr) Aravindkumar Pro Vice Chancellor , Mahatma Gandhi University
- Add on course on Basic XRAY Crystallography 22-30-August 2022
- Workshop on W STARS-STAR FORMATION 10-12 January 2020 Funded by KSCSTE Kerala and Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute for Basic Science, Pampady Kottayam
- The Annual General General body meeting of the SPAPforum to be held on Friday 8 February 2019.
- Dr G V Vijayagovindan Memorial Lecture series- on 8th Feb 2019, 10 AM – Talk by Dr P K Suresh, Professor, Department of Physics, Central University Hyderabad
- Workshop on Theoretical Methods for Physics ( Analysis of Materials /Systems & Their Behavior) 21-03-2019 to 23-03-2019 at School of Pure & Applied Physics: Supported by DST
International seminars conducted by the School
- International Seminar ‘Discussion Meeting on the Impact of Quantum Effects on Our Classical World View’ Jan 26-29, 2011 Funded by ICTS-TIFR, Govt. of Kerala Hr. Ed Council co-coordinated by IICER Trivandrum .
- International Scholar –in –Residence Program of Govt. of Kerala – visit of Ashish Mahabal, Caltech Jan 02 to Feb 03, 2011Number of participants 65
- International Conference on Plasma & Nanotechnology and 29th National Symposium on Plasma Science & Technology (PLASMA-2014) in association with Inter University and International Centre for Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and Plasma Science Society of India
- International Meet on Highly Correlated systems 24-26 March 2017
- Young Astronomers Meet 2008
Workshops conducted by the School
- Workshop on Mathematics for (Astro) Physics.Sep27-Oct 1 , 2011 Sponsored by IRC (IUCAA Resource Center, Pune
- International Workshop on e-Astronomy & Statistics 2011 Jan 17-19 sponsored by IUCAA Cochin Chapter
- Workshop on Review of CBCSS Physics Curriculum, August 11-12, 2011, School of Pure and Applied Physics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. – For college teachers
- Workshop on Statistical Methods for (Astro)Physics March 16 – 18, 2018
- Workshop on Developments in Crystallography, SPAP, 16-17, December 2014.
Few National seminars organized by the School
- National Seminar On Advanced Materials, SPAP G. University, January 19-20, 2012.
- National Seminar on Thin Film Technology and Applications 2018 February 15 – 17
- National seminar in Thin Film Technology and Application Feb 15-17 Feb 2018
- 28th National Seminar on Crystallography Sep 24-26 , 1997